Thursday, May 15, 2008

A little knitting

I don't expect to have a lot of knitting to showcase since I am pretty slow. But I will put it out here for you when I get it done!

This is my first sweater ever. Elizabeth Zimmerman's February Baby Sweater on Two Needles from the awesome book The Knitter's Almanac. I got the buttons from a local store and weren't exactly what I was looking for but they work. The yarn is Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran.

The nice thing about Elizabeth Zimmerman is that she really encourages you to do what makes sense to you in your knitting. Her pattern is more of a guide, not stitch by stitch directions. I knit this without any seams. I cast on the extra stitches for the arms with a provisional cast on and then went back and knit the arms in the round.


This was also my first foray into lace. And all in all I am pleased with how it turned out. I know there are a couple of imperfections that because of the time crunch, I did not rip back to fix. I think they mostly worked out in the blocking and are probably only noticeable to me.

I may have a sock for you soon! I am currently doing the toe on my first sock, so wish me luck with the kitchener stitch!

1 comment: