Sunday, May 25, 2008

Iron Man

Yes, I saw a movie. In a theater. With popcorn and a big diet coke and Mr Cranky Mama. Pick your jaw up off the floor.

Mr. Cranky Mama was a comic book nerd as a child. He seems to be not too, too affected by this. It doesn't consume large blocks of time like, say, football, basketball, baseball and hockey season do. He doesn't have comics stashed away somewhere that he peruses at leisure whether on, or off the john. We just have to see all the comic based movies. That I can deal with.

Especially when they are starring Robert Downey Jr. I have always had the biggest crush on him. I can't help it. I am drawn to self destructive people like they are drawn to alcohol and drugs. I don't want to fix them. I don't want to heal them. Maybe I want to live vicariously through them because they do things I never would do.

My secret obsession with RDJ started with Less Than Zero, even though the movie was such a pale creature in comparison to the book. There really are very few books that I love just as much as movies...

Then there was Chances Are. Here is a link to the trailer
There just isn't much online about this movie. Probably because it was so terrible! Sybil Shepherd, Mary Stewart Masterson, and Bob. Sigh. I tried to explain the premise to my hubby and he got all skeeved out. I loved it even though it was so cheesy it was nachos.

Anyway, back to Iron Man. I enjoyed it. Very entertaining. And Gwyneth was good too. And Jeff Bridges (who is seared in my mind with roles like "the Dude" in The Big Lebowski, and the crazy broken radio host in The Fisher King) is a great villian. Did this movie change my life? Absolutely not. Did I fall asleep while watching? Nope - didn't even nod.

Nice date with the hubby movie. Glad we got away. Even if I am so tired this morning I am the extra super cranky mama.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just had to stop and say "howdy."

You wouldn't by any chance be an economist, would you? ;^)

Getting out to a movie once in a while is good for the soul. It always reminds me of how much I like my chair...