Thursday, June 12, 2008

Summer Knitting Goals

I am going to try to set some knitting goals with a bunch of other knitters and see if they can help to keep me on track just a little. Maybe at the same time I can start to wear away at my unfinished objects so that I don't feel so guilty every time I start to dream of something new. All of these projects are knit from stash so no new money outlays either...

1. Sydney's graduation Clapotis made from Blue Moon Fiber Arts Luscious Single Sink in the colorway Rook-y.

2. A new pair of picky shorts for Booker with handpainted yarn from Selah in the Dirty Knees colorway with khaki trim.

3. Finish my first pair of socks. I can't remember the yarn as I lost the ball band. Basic socks loosely based on the Yarn Harlot's recipe. I have one sock done and I have turned the heel on the second one, so this one (hopefully) will be knocked out quickly.

4. The Confection Cowl in the Plucky Knitter's Merino/Cashmere Sport in the colorway Captain Wentworth.

5. The new Knitty has me wanting to do Spring Forward in Dream In Color Smooshy - either in Spring Tickle or Some Summer Sky. I have both in stash and I think this might make a nice second sock project.

I am not the fastest knitter, and I have 2 children under 4 that both have birthdays to plan this summer. I think this is (hopefully) a realistic yet still optimistic goal for the next few months. Actually, if truth be told, if I get 1-3 done, it will be a job well done for me and I will be pleased!

Time to stop posting and get knitting!

No comments: