Monday, June 9, 2008

Hot as Stink

It has been too hot to move for the last few days here. Like over 100 and humid hot. Like Code Orange Ozone alert hot. Like can't take a deep breath outside.

And we are stir fucking crazy in the house. Nothing is worse than it being unbearably hot and having a toddler and a preschooler climbing the walls.

So this morning we attempted the park at 9. We were home by 10:30. Meltdowns all around - even trying to stay in the shade.

Yesterday I actually wasted water and sat in a chair fanning myself while spraying them with a hose as they rode their tricycles back and forth in front of me.

It is not supposed to be this hot this early. I am actually considering trying to convince Paddy-O to move us all north of here. I think I might could tolerate a snowy winter just thinking about this nasty bit of summer weather. Please remind me of this when I am complaining because it is less than 40 degrees in January.

Here it is - your moment of zen...

No comments: