Thursday, July 3, 2008

My First Sock


Here it is. My first sock. Done one size 2.25 double pointed needles with a 3X1 ribbing at the cuff. Loosely followed The Yarn Harlot's basic sock recipe.

Sorry - no clue what the yarn was. I lost the ball band. The magenta tended to pool a little, but not too badly. One that one spot on the top of the foot makes me sweat a little. Not enough to rip it out.

I must admit the second one is done too and it is officially a pair. All done as bus knitting. Considering that my total bus time is about 15 minutes 1-2 times a week, I think the fact that it took me 3 months to knit these is pretty good. I also had to frog the first sock, like, 5 times. Fortunately the second sock cast on and went quickly - I think because I refused to stop when I grafted the toe of the first. That will definitely be my technique for avoiding second sock/mitten/glove/sleeve syndrome from now on.

So one of my knitting goals is done! YAY!

Now back to this...

1 comment:

Misty said...

Hooray - congratulations on finishing the socks!