Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Where have I been?

I know - it has been almost two weeks since I last posted. But life has happened with a vengeance and I think I have been too sad and too stressed out to write anything down. I would rather escape into YOUR blogs and get out of my own mind.

So here are a few things that have peaked my interest lately...

Brooklyn Tweed's free "Turn a Square" hat pattern. I love this man. If I was still in the game, I would totally stalk him. He has impeccable knitting style. A great eye for color. And if he will knit it and wear it, I can knit it for Paddy-O. Jared inspires me.

After spending time knitting in hospital waiting rooms with my sister in law, I recruised Knit and Tonic's patterns. Since my BIL, his wife and kids live in Southern California, I have a hard time coming up with knits for them. Not a hat, mitten or scarf kind of place. As Wendy Bernard knits and writes from SoCal, I am getting some ideas for future gifts for them. They loved watching me knit. Maybe a cute little shrug for my cute little neice...

The fact that these two mama's do all they do with four children a piece just floors me. Usually they inspire me to do great things with my kids not make me feel like a failure because I don't do more...

VeganF has lots of nutritious yet cute vegan food going on. Makes me want to be vegan all of a sudden - well maybe vegetarian. I don't think I could do without milk. Or butter. Or cheese. Or yogurt.

And Misty manages a household of six, and writes almost as many blogs. On a daily basis. Sometimes I comfort myself by thinking that she is faking us all out...

And Delilah and the Metromama are always entertaining.

One nice thing about all the car travel we have had to do lately is that I am making real progress on my summer knitting goals. The socks are done. The Confection Cowl is done. The Clap is over halfway through (sounds like I need a better dose of antibiotics to call it that).

Oh and check out Split Yarn. She is making the most awesome camera straps. As soon as I have some extra cash, I am going to have one. Preferably this one.

A real post tomorrow. I promise.

2 comments:

Misty said...

*cough* I just hire those kids, so I can take pictures of them. LOL.

veganf said...

Surprised to see me mentioned! LOL.